Thursday, March 29, 2012

Random posting

Tomorrow is 'To Write Love on Her Arms' Day. aka. TWLOHA.
Just wanted to share considering I am a strong advocate for this campaign. I deal with depression, and I have been on the dark side where I thought nothing was left. It's not something I brag about, and in fact even family members have no idea. I am a happy person, and I DO enjoy life. But it has taken me awhile to get here, and I need to constantly remind myself I'm here for a reason, and I can over come anything that gets thrown my way. I went to counseling alone, and group counseling. I'm going to school to become a counselor. It's a struggle and everyday is a new chance, and a new beginning.

I have had friends who commited suicide because they felt that was all that is left. I have had friends who attempted it and failed, and who struggle more than I do. I've met so many people during this campaign and I want the world to know what this is, and realize that these people aren't always "tortured" souls, or brought up in a bad area with a bad family. Sometimes the person who has it all struggles with these "desires."

!!SUPPORT!!

TWLOHA began to show people, and help people they aren't alone in this world with their battles. I want everyone to be aware that the happiest person can be sad, and again you CAN'T read a book by it's cover. Everyone is fighting a battle of their own that no one knows nothing about.
Facebook:

Website:



‎03/30/12 is To Write Love On Her Arms Day ♥ 
I’m asking everyone to wear TWLOHA gear and if you don’t have any gear, write the word ‘LOVE’ on your arms to show your awareness! ♥ 

What is ‘To Write Love On Her Arms’ ?
- To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.

There is always HOPE. You are NOT alone. Love is the MOVEMENT.
TWLOHA ♥
Source: Tumblr: oheyarielcat:

We are only asked to love, to offer hope to the many hopeless. We don’t get to choose all the endings, but we are asked to play the rescuers. We won’t solve all mysteries and our hearts will certainly break in such a vulnerable life, but it is the best way. We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we’re called home.

-TWLOHA



No comments:

Post a Comment